The natural glow reflecting off your face speaks a lot about your skincare regime, your health and your lifestyle. Simply following a CTM (cleanses, tone, and moisturize) routine daily can do wonders for your skin. Besides, exfoliation is also a crucial step that you should not forget about.
Your beautiful and radiant glow is trapped under a stubborn layer of dead and dried skin cells. Until you cast off this layer, your skin will not relieve its charms. This is where scrubbing comes in light.
Exfoliating the skin gently not only removes the dead skin but also pulls out the settled impurities, blackheads and even tanning. Apart from removing the dead skin cells scrubs gently increase cell regeneration and the efficacy and absorption of other skincare products. Whether you are using heavy-duty anti-ageing formulas or go through a simple skincare routine, exfoliation allows each subsequent product in your routine to perform at its full potential.
Fortunately, there is a face scrub for every type, concern and budget. Whether you want to scrub once a week or need to excavate clogged pores thrice a week, there is a great scrub for the job.
So go ahead and scrub away your skin’s sins with my picks of the best face scrubs in India, below.
1. Boutique Bio Papaya Smoothing and Revitalizing Scrub
A unique scrub that is not a cosmetic product and comes up with several therapeutic properties, Boutique Bio Papaya Smoothing and Revitalizing Scrub contains papaya as the main ingredient. Papaya is well-known for its revitalizing and healing benefits.
If you are looking for the best face scrub for glowing skin in India, it is an ideal option for removing the dead skin cells and restoring them. This scrub makes your skin soft and supple without causing any reaction to your skin. Since it contains fruit, it is suitable for all skin types and free from any skin issue.
- It makes the soft and smooth-textured.
- You will love its pleasant natural fragrance.
- The formula contains active and big exfoliating particles.
- It moisturizes the skin effectively and retains natural oils.
- It does not affect tan and includes no brightening properties.
- Even after continuous usages, there are no long-lasting or overtime results.
2. Himalaya Tan Removal Orange Face Scrub
Himalaya Tan Removal Orange Face Scrub is among the best paraben-free face scrubs in India. It comes with excellent exfoliating properties that help to remove impurities and dead skin cells on your skin. It also conditions your skin by eliminating the excess facial oil.
The exfoliating particles do a great job without being pocky. The formula has a creamy base so it won’t be too strong on your skin. This is not too mild or too harsh and performs perfectly in taking off the dull skin. Just after the first you, it exfoliates and lightens the tan and you get a fresh and glowing skin.
- This scrub is suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin.
- This is paraben and SLS free.
- It is quite budget-friendly.
- The mild pleasant fragrance provides you with a fresh feeling.
- It effectively removes tan and other skin issues.
The effect of this product is not instant.
3. Everyuth Naturals Exfoliating Walnut Scrub
Made from walnut shell powder, Everyuth Naturals Exfoliating Walnut Scrub exfoliates skin cells and gives naturally beautiful skin. It comes with the goodness of vitamin E and walnut and is ideal for all skin types.
The presence of nano multivitamin nourishes the skin and revitalizes the skin to make it soft and smoother. Its deep pore cleansing action cleanses blackheads and impurities and leaves your skin smooth and beautiful. If you are looking for something to get rid of pimples, dark spots and blemishes, this scrub makes your complexion glowing and pimple free.
- It nourishes your skin and makes it spot-free.
- The formula effectively controls excess oil.
- The scrub has a thick creamy consistency.
- It controls excess oil and removes tough blackheads.
- The scrub is big and aggressive on the skin, so you have sensitive skin, you should not use it.
4. Mamearth Ubtan Tan Removal Face Scrub
One of the best face scrubs in India that exfoliate the dead skin cells and give a naturally glowing skin is Mamearth Ubtan Tan Removal Face Scrub. The formula gently exfoliates the skin and effectively removes dead skin cells, dirt, visible blackheads, and much more.
It is enriched with bio-actives like walnut powder, coconut oil, and saffron and suitable for all skin types. Turmeric promotes complexion lightening and makes the skin tone even, saffron adds glow to your skin and coconut oil protects the skin from harmful UV rays.
- This is made from only natural ingredients.
- It is free from parabens and silicones.
- The product has undergone strict dermatology testing to make sure that it is absolutely safe to use.
- The formula contains a mild and natural fragrance.
- It does not foam much as it has all the natural ingredients in it.
- The consistency of the formula is quite thick.
- The face wash may dry your skin if it does not suit your skin, so be careful.
5. Lakme Clean Up Pores Face Scrubs
Another popular choice when it comes to the best face scrubs in India Good Vibes Papaya Rejuvenating Face Scrub contains a green gel base featuring mini crystals that provides a gentle exfoliating effect. It has green tea extracts that are a top-notch antioxidant and give you a fresh feel.
The scrub can be used on the blackhead affected areas and clears out pores also. Because of the mild fragrance, it gives quality lather and has a top-notch cleansing action.
- The scrub exfoliates your skin effectively.
- It is a perfect option for removing blackheads and whiteheads.
- This is travel friendly.
- This is not so effective for blackhead problems.
- Your skin may feel irritated if massaged with a little pressure.
- The fragrance of this formula can be overpowering for some.
10 Best Face Scrubs in India
6. Good Vibes Papaya Rejuvenating Face Scrub
With the goodness of papaya, Good Vibes Papaya Rejuvenating Face Scrub helps to reduce the skin issues and clears the skin complexion. This paraben and sulphate free formula help in the lighting of the dark spots and age spots. With the regular use of this scrub, you can have numerous advantages from lightening any form of skin pigmentation to glowing and healthy skin.
7. VLCC Skin Defense Indian Berberry Face Scrub
The VLCC Skin Defense Indian Berberry Face Scrub exfoliates and rejuvenates the skin and keeps it fresh. It comes up with the benefits of tree turmeric and Indian berberry known for its antibacterial and skin whitening properties. Papaya seed and neem extracts are some major components of this scrub. With so many benefits, no doubt it is sted as 10 10 Best Face Scrubs in India,
- The formula makes your skin smoothing and radiant.
- It exfoliates your skin gently with minute granules.
- After a single-use, its glowing effect can last up to 3 days.
- This scrub has some ultra-moisturizing effects.
- The formula contains parabens.
- It might not be as effective on blackheads and blemishes as it claims.
8. The Body Shop Tea Tree Squeaky-Clean Face Scrub
Another best face scrub in India for oily skin, the Body Shop Tea Tree Squeaky-Clean Face Scrub scraps the dead skin layer gently and unblocks the pores so that your skin stays clean and clear. Tea trees contain antibacterial properties that fight with the acne effectively.
- This face scrub is super effective for blemished skin.
- After the single, your face feels soft, clean and oil-free instantly without over-drying.
- The oil-free and shine-free effect lasts for 6-8 hours without using moisturizer.
- It amazingly cleans pores and provides supple skin.
- And, it is gentle and oil-free.
- Using 2-3 times a week, it may make skin stretchy with dry patches.
- This is not good enough for blackheads on the nose area.
- There is an SLS in the ingredient list of this scrub.
9. Lotus YouthRx Active Anti-Ageing Exfoliator
Because of its unique formula, Lotus YouthRx Active-Aging Exfoliator sloughs away dead skin cells gently to reveal healthy and glowing skin. It comes up with a triple-action formula that protects your skin from within. The is one of the best face scrubs in India that improves radiance, prevents fine lines and other signs of ageing and maintains your skin’s firmness. With the regular use of this scrub, you can have visible results.
- The formula makes your skin smooth and firm.
- It brightens your skin and makes it glowing.
- This scrub is suitable for all skin types.
It may be too harsh for sensitive skin.
10. Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Face Scrub
An ideal option for sensitive skin, Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Face Scrub is very gentle on the skin and is considered as one of the 10 Best Face Scrubs in India for sensitive skin. This dermatologically tested formula contains hydroxyl that deeply cleansing your skin and prevents clogging the skin pores. After the first use of this scrub, you can have soft, smooth and supple skin.
It has a gentle exfoliator that removes dead skin cells and excess oil from the skin. The creamy texture of the formula rejuvenates dull skin and leaves it looking clean and refreshed.
- It works as a gentle exfoliator.
- The formula deeply cleanses and nourishes the skin.
- The packaging is pretty durable and the flip cap does not go loose.
- It stands up to its promise of keeping the face oil-free.
- It may be harsh on the skin sometimes.
- This is not an ideal option for people with acne-prone skin.
The face scrub is helpful in exfoliating, softening and toning your skin. It also helps you remove dirt, grime and repair your skin by rejuvenating skin cuss. Hence, when buying a face scrub, make sure it is the right one that is suitable for you and make your skin fresh and healthy.
Each of the above-mentioned face scrubs works differently. Based on what fragrances and texture you prefer to try, buy one of the face scrubs accordingly.
5 Homemade Face Scrub for Glowing Skin
A homemade scrub is an excellent way to get glowing skin right at home. Luckily you do not have to spend a fortune and tons of time to take care of yourself, specifically your skin. That’s why I gathered a handy list of 5 Homemade Face Scrub for Glowing Skin:
Simple Sugar Scrub for Glowing Skin
Sugar scrub is the simple face scrub recipe to make at home. It just needs sugar and coconut oil. You can also be including olive oil or jojoba oil in this method. The benefits of this scrub can be further enhanced by including essential oil of your choices but this is an optional step, you can skip it if you want.
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
2 Tablespoon Sugar
Few Drops of Essential oil
Here are the ten best essential oils in India that are helpful in many skin conditions- from acne to ageing, dryness to oiliness.
Process: Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and use this scrub to gently exfoliate your facial skin for a few minutes. Wash your face with lukewarm water and follow with a moisturizer and sun lotion.
Blackhead-Busting Lemon Face Scrub
Try a scrub with lemon juice to get rid of blackheads. Lemon juice has antiseptic properties that aid in killing off bacteria and great for reducing sebum and inflammation.
½ Tablespoon Lemon
1 Tablespoon salt
1 Tablespoon purified/distilled water
Process: Blend all the ingredients well and rub the paste onto skin in a circulation motion. Gently scrub for two to three minutes being careful not to rub very hard. Rinse off with warm water and then follow your rest skincare routine. Make sure to apply sunscreen afterwards to protect against UV damage.
Scrub for a Luxurious DIY Treatment
Almond is rich in Vitamin E that nourishes your skin and makes it soft and supple. It is also known as an excellent anti-ageing ingredient.
1 Tablespoon Ground Almonds
1 Tablespoon Oats
1 Tablespoon Honey
Process: Mix ground almonds and honey to form a thick mixture. Apply the mixture on the face as a mask and run with wet fingers after a few minutes to exfoliate dead cells.
Banana Scrub for Soft and Supple Skin
Banana contains Vitamin C, E and Potassium that help in clearing your skin. It also hydrates the skin to make it soft and supple. Besides, it contains amazing anti-ageing properties and works great against fine wrinkles.
1 Tablespoon Oatmeal
Process: Mash a banana and add oatmeal to it. Mix well and scrub your face and neck with this mixture. Let the formula dry for a few minutes and wash off with warm water.
Get Relief from Skin Irritations with Oatmeal Scrub
Oatmeal scrub is a very gentle exfoliating agent. It is suitable for all skin types even suitable for sensitive skin as well. It has anti-inflammatory properties that are a good moisturizer and also provide relief from skin irritations.
2 Tablespoon Oatmeal
1 Tablespoon Honey
Process: Grind oatmeal properly to form a coarse powder. Make sure that it should just break up a bit and now become too powdery. Now, add a few drops of water to soften it a bit. Mix honey in the formula and use on the face to slough away dead skin cells.
Have a look at the best face moisturizers in India. With different ingredients and formation, every product listed here is unique and focuses on different needs
FAQs on Best Face Scrubs in India
Q. How to choose the best face scrub for your skin?
A. We must choose the scrub based on your skin type. If you have dry skin, it is ideal to choose a scrub that is creamy to get rid of dead skin, gently leaving with you with soft, smooth and clean skin. The gel-based scrub or foaming scrub is perfect for those who have oily. Gel-based scrubs control excess oil production and revitalize the skin. Scrubs made of green tea, salicylic acid are gentle and suitable on sensitive skin.
Q. How to Apply Face Scrub?
A. Here is a step-by-step process to apply face scrub:
Step 1: First of all, take all your hair off your face
Step 2: Splash your face with some clean water
Step 3: Take a coin size amount of the scrub in your palm, sweeping it onto damp skin in circular motions with very light pressure to prevent irritation and micro-tears.
Step 4: Now, use the finger pads and fingertips and massage the skin your face and neck. Scrub for at least a minute, if you have sensitive skin and at least for 2 minutes, for other skin types. Focus on the reaps where you are more likely to get blackheads, whiteheads and other platforms.
Step 5: Now, rinse your face with clean water
Use your face scrub two to three times a week.
Never, ever forget to moisturize your skin after using a face scrub no matter what skin type you have. Also, apply a broad spectrum SPF 30 or higher face sunscreen each morning to protect the freshly-exfoliated skin.
But selecting the right sunscreen for your skin type is a tedious job that needs to be done right for all the benefits that you want. Here is the list of 7 Best Sunscreens for Face and Body Recommended by Experts
Q. Is exfoliating daily harmful to skin?
A. Over exfoliation strips away the natural oils from your skin. It can also cause the premature appearance of wrinkles. Exfoliate your skin two to three times a week and not daily, as per your skin type.
So, this was it for today!
Hopefully, you have found this post- Best Face Scrubs in India and these DIYs helpful and interesting. Share your views on this post. Which is your favourite face scrub? Are you using any of the scrub lists? Share your experience in the comment below.
If you like this, do share it on your social media.