Do you want to know How To Dress Up After 40 And Still Look Fabulous?
With age, our body, face, and lifestyle everything changes. However, our fashion choices have not always kept up.
It is quite possible to look fabulous and stylish at any age but that does mean a few tweaks are required to not look 18.
But do we need any hard-core rules? No actually, we only need a few guidelines to great style and answers to question about how to get it.
Here are some tips below for your best style yet: after all, age is just a number for you but the style is timeless:
Don’t Go with Trends
A great rule of thumb is to always avoid running behind trends, and it becomes more important than ever once you hit 40. When you dress up for trends, it has a way of making it seem like you are trying too hard, even if you are rocking that trend like nobody’s business. In your 40s, follow a honed personal style that outlasts any trend or fad, and well-made quality pieces.
Understand Your Body Type
Knowing your body type and what to wear with it becomes critical as you get older. Wearing the wring sizes and fits can be oaky for 20-years old, but it will look cute on women over 40. Figure out your shape and gravitate to one style, like A-line shirts and dresses or trousers and sweaters.
Try to Balance
Another way to look nice in your forties is to figure out how to balance your shape. In the 20s, you can get away with wearing form-fitting everything, but it stops looking hip somewhere in your thirties. A tight skirt paired with a tight top is not a good option, but a pencil skirt with a looser blue tucked in brings your shape in balance.
Items You Should Buy in Your 40s
- A Jacket: Whether it is blue denim or a black leather jacket, optimize your outerwear in a statement jacket that fits you like a glove.
- On-Trend Shoe: Accessories are great why you look for evolving your style. If you do not want to go out of your comfort zone, go with shoes and hangs always.
- A leather Handbag: Purchase a high-quality leather handbag that can carry your essentials, but still transitions well from day tonight. Go for versatility- does it have various strap options like a top handle and convertible crossbody option.
- Perfect Jeans: Don’t keep your clothing limited to old jeans, old stretch, and old styles. Take some time for different denim silhouettes and try on new washes, riches, and lengths.
- Black Pencil Skirt: Versatile, stylish, and surprisingly flattering, the black pencil skirt is another great option to wear in your 40s. You can pair it with black tights and booties, or patent-leather pumps for nights.
- Tank Tops: Buy tank tops in bulk, once you find the ones you like best in white, black, and cream to wear under the cardigans, jackets, blouses, and sweaters. You can wear them under almost everything for a smoother look.
How To Dress Up After 40 And Still Look Fabulous
You can easily mix and match all these pieces according to the occasion, for different looks. We hope you know How To Dress Up After 40 And Still Look Fabulous. Hope you like the article, visit our website often to read such more interesting blog posts.
What more? Share your dress-up story with us in the comment section below.